Last Updated: June 06, 2022
● Beebizy, Inc. may be referred to as “Beebizy,” “we,” “our,” or “us.”
● We call a user of the Beebizy Platform a “User,” or collectively, the “Users.” This includes both Clients and Talent.
● “Clients” are individuals and/or businesses seeking to obtain short-term Job services.
● “Talent” are individuals and/or businesses seeking to perform Jobs for Clients.
● “You” and “your” refer to an individual User of the Beebizy Platform.
● Job(s) are short-term services sought by Clients and performed by Talent.
● The community platform that we offer at our website (www.beebizy.com) and local variants (including www.Beebizy.co.uk) is referred to as the “Site.” The platform and related services provided by Beebizy, the Site and mobile applications (whether on iOS or Android), including without limitation information provided by Beebizy to potential and actual Users in relation to the services, together are called the “Beebizy Platform.”
● General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
● Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. For purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” is included within this definition.
● California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) means the California statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States.
● Personal Information under the CCPA means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Personal Data Collected By Beebizy
Beebizy collects the following Personal Data from all Users who create an account:
● First name;
● Last Name;
● Telephone Number;
● Email Address;
● Date of Birth;
● Bank account;
● Financial information;
● Any other information that you upload or submit to Beebizy directly or indirectly
In addition, Beebizy collects the following Personal Data from all Users:
● Your geolocation;
● Your IP address;
● Your browser and search engine information;
● Your device information;
● Your visitor history;
● Your usage of the website, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
● Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
● Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
● Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to Beebizy.
Certain offerings of the Beebizy Platform, such as newsletters, surveys, contests, and the like are optional and so you are not required to enter them or to give us your Personal Data in connection with them. Where you do choose to enter them, we will use your Personal Data to operate and manage the survey, contest or similar in connection with our legitimate interest in promoting our business and the Beebizy Platform.
Cookies and Other Technologies. When you visit websites on the Internet, your browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit throughout every visit, including ours. In a similar way, when you use our mobile applications, we will access and use mobile device IDs to recognize your device. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and equivalent techniques through our mobile applications to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk.
We utilize persistent cookies that only Beebizy can read and use, and access mobile device IDs:
To save your login information for future logins to the Beebizy Platform; to assist in processing items during checkout;
To hold session information; and to track user preferences.
We utilize session ID cookies and similar technologies:
To enable certain features of the Beebizy Platform;
To better understand how you interact with the Site and the Beebizy Platform;
To monitor usage by our Users and web traffic routing on the Beebizy Platform;
To track the number of entries in Beebizy promotions, sweepstakes and contests; and to identify visited areas of the Beebizy Platform.
Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Beebizy Platform and then close your browser.
Third party advertisers on the Site may also place or read cookies on your browser, and we may use Flash cookies (or local shared objects) to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Site to personalize your visit. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the Beebizy Platform.
You can also adjust your individual browser settings relating to cookies by visiting these pages:
● Google Chrome
● Internet Explorer
● Mozilla Firefox
● Safari (Desktop)
● Safari (Mobile)
● Android Browser
We and our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with the Beebizy Platform and HTML- formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Users and email recipients, to determine the success of marketing campaigns, and to compile statistics about Site usage and response rates. We also engage one or more third party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf. They may use a “pixel tag” which triggers a cookie to collect information about your visits to the Site and to other websites, and they may use that information and share and combine it with other information with their partners to show you advertisements for goods and services you might be interested in on the Site and on other websites and apps, including by observing the kinds of products and subject-matter you are interested in and certain demographic information about you.
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies that the Beebizy Platform uses and why we use them. The lists of third party cookie providers are intended merely as illustrative not comprehensive:
Type of Cookie
Who Serves (for example)
These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can customize your experience and connect your account information and settings.
These cookies help provide a localized experience by showing you
your local metro area
Site features and Services
Analytics and Research
Things like cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance and efficiency, and to understand your interests from your online activity on the Site, mobile applications and other websites and apps. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites and in doing that your information (which will not contain your name, email address or other “real-world” identifiers) will be shared with other platforms in the digital advertising ecosystem all involved in assisting the Beebizy delivery, purchase, reporting and analysis of digital advertising. Google Similarly, our advertisers may use a cookie, attribution service or DoubleClick another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad Sailthru and how it performed, or provide us with information about how you Horizon interact with Bing Ads them. For more information about
interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices if you are in the United States, or http://youronlinechoices.eu/ if you are outside the United States.
Social Media and Digital Advertising cookies and widgets
DoubleClick. Google’s Doubleclick re-targeting cookie lets us serve personalized ads to you when you’re browsing other websites and social media platforms. You can control ad personalization on Google and partner websites here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
Facebook Impressions. We use Facebook Impressions to track the number of people that interact with our content on Facebook.
Google Sign-in. We may allow you to sign up and log in using your Google account. If you sign up using Google, Google will ask your permission to share certain information from your Google account with us. This may include your first name, last name, email address, profile picture, and general location in order to create an account.
LinkedIn Widgets. This tool enables visitors to engage with us via LinkedIn and show visitors relevant ads and personalized content on LinkedIn. To learn more about LinkedIn’s practices and to opt out, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Device Information. When you visit and interact with the Beebizy Platform or the Site, Beebizy may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use the Beebizy Platform (“Device Information”). We may use Device Information to monitor the regions from which Users navigate the Site or the Beebizy Platform and for security and fraud prevention purposes. Tools with the goal of anonymizing certain Device Information (like the TOR network) are forbidden on the Beebizy Platform. While we respect your right to hide this information, we believe that doing so is in conflict with the spirit of our platform and our desire to host an open and honest marketplace. Use of such tools hampers the functionalities of the Beebizy Platform.
Identity Verification. We may collect Personal Data, such as your date of birth, taxpayer identification number, and address, to validate your identity or conduct background checks (“Identity Information”).
Financial Information. To help Talent set up a payment account and help Clients make payments to Talent and pay fees, we may collect financial information, including name, address, credit card number, bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information (“Financial Information”).
Location Information. When you visit the Beebizy Platform via a mobile application, we use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display a location map to improve service for our Users. We will not share your current location obtained in this manner with other Users. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
Third Party Information. If you registered through a co-branded version of our Beebizy Platform through one of our Partners (as defined below), they may provide us with basic information such as your name, address, and purchase history related to your Job needs. Additionally, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party Agents (as defined below) and combine it with other information that we have about you. Finally, Beebizy works with a third-party, Sterling, to perform identity checks and criminal background checks on Talent (at the Talent’s request), and we receive information from them such as publicly available information about your criminal history.
Public Areas. Your profile on the Beebizy Platform consists of information about you, and may include Personal Data, photos, work history, skills, hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information, and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Profile. If you choose to post a Job via the Beebizy Platform, the contents of such listing will be publicly viewable.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
The lawful basis for Beebizy processing your Personal Data for the uses described herein will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing services through the Beebizy Platform. Specifically, our lawful basis for processing your Personal Data include:
● Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver access to the Beebizy Platform. For example, if you are a Client looking for Talent to carry out work at your home or office, we need your address so we can communicate the request to Talent in the approximate area and tell the Talent you choose where s/he needs to go.
● Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, we might pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
● Legitimate interests: this is a technical term in data protection law which really means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not materially impact your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a manner that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business. For example, we will send you promotional communications about our service, subject to your legal rights to opt-out. We also analyze how Users interact with our Site and the Beebizy Platform so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to develop and improve the quality of the online experience we offer all our Users.
Beebizy’s Use of Personal Data
Beebizy uses Personal Data (including Identity Information and Financial Information) for the following purposes:
● To operate and make available the Beebizy Platform. We use your Personal data (e.g. name, photos, phone number, or email and postal address) to connect you with other Users in order to enable the posting of, completion of, and payment for Jobs;
● Photos, images, or files may be shared between Clients and Talents to be used as examples, samples, or inspirations of work;
● For billing and fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Clients and Talent can meet and conduct business;
● To conduct identification, age verification, authentication, and background checks on Users, in order to advance our legitimate interests in ensuring the safety of our Users;
● To analyze Site usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the Beebizy Platform to grow our business;
● To contact you and deliver (via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise) administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of the Beebizy Platform as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with our Users and in promoting our business;
● To provide you with customer support in order to fulfill our contracts with Users;
● For internal market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Users can meet;
● To assist Users in the resolution of complaints and disputes between them, as necessary for our legitimate interests in facilitating good relations among Users; To enforce our Terms of Service in our legitimate interests in ensuring our rights are complied with; and,
parties will see them. In addition to banner ads, Beebizy may advertise products, companies and events that we think might interest you through the email address you provide. Your choices regarding third party ads are set forth in the Choice/Opt-Out section below. Advertising and marketing is carried out as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Analytics and Market Research. Beebizy may analyze your Personal Data and web navigational data based on your interests, and may use the analysis from this information in a way that doesn’t reveal a name, email address or other “real-world” identity (“Market Analysis”) in order to market the Beebizy Platform, improve the likelihood of a sale to a group of potential Users, and increase the likelihood that a group’s experience with the Beebizy Platform is relevant to its interests as a whole, as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Beebizy uses Personal Data to sell services to Users who express an interest in these services, through a poll for example, or to Users who can be presumed to have an interest based on results from our Market Analysis. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Cell Phone Numbers. Beebizy may use your cell phone number to call or send recurring text messages to you, using an autodialer or prerecorded voice, in order to provide you notifications about Jobs, for marketing purposes (with your consent where required by law), and to administer the Beebizy Platform. If you would like more information about our policy, or to opt out, please review below or Section 9 of our Terms of Service, or visit https://beebizy.com/contact. You may be liable for standard SMS and per/minute charges by your mobile carrier. Beebizy may also message you via “Push” messaging, which you can opt-out of on your mobile device. Data rates may apply.
Financial Information. We use Financial Information solely as authorized by you in order to operate the Beebizy Platform and, in particular, to ensure that Talent are paid by Clients. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our platform and services. To keep your financial Personal Data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers. We have contracted with a third party to process your payment card information.
With Whom Does Beebizy Share Personal Data?
Third Party Agents. To operate the Beebizy Platform, including processing your transactions, we may share your Personal Data with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers (“Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
● Email origination,
● Identity/background check requirements in relation to Talent (currently carried out by our provider, Sterling);
● Fraud detection (currently carried out by our provider Smyte);
● Receipt or support services,
● Customer relationship management services,
● Financial transaction fulfillment (in which we are currently supported by Braintree and Hyperwallet, who process your Personal Data in accordance with their own privacy policies here and here; and
● To otherwise help us provide the Beebizy Platform, including all of the things described in the preceding section.
Other Users. Beebizy facilitates contact between Clients and Talent and reserves the right to share a Talent’s contact Personal Data (e.g. photos, phone number, or email and postal address) with a Client and vice versa, or with their legal or other representative, in order to facilitate the resolution of a dispute related to or arising from an interaction between two or more Users of the platform. This exchange of Personal Data is a mandatory part of the Beebizy Platform.
Legal Obligations. Beebizy may disclose Personal Data or User Generated Content, including location data or communication data, to a third party if required to do so by law or pursuant to a court order, warrant or subpoena. Beebizy reserves the right to disclose Personal Data from both private and public areas of the Site and the Beebizy Platform in the absence of a court order warrant or subpoena if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interfering with the rights of Users, the general public, or Beebizy or its partners, parents or affiliates.
It is our policy to provide notice to Users before producing their Personal Data in response to law enforcement requests unless (i) we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, (ii) we have reason to believe the User’s account has been compromised such that the notice would go to the wrong person, or notice would otherwise be counterproductive or would create a risk to safety, or (iii) it is an emergency request and prior notice would be impractical (in which case we may provide notice after the fact).
Personal Data Transfer and Storage
Your Personal Data is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of the Website, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Data and personally identifiable information. You understand that your Personal Data may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Data to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Data to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal Data in the United States.
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners, remove your Personal Data from our database, choose to not receive future communications related to the Beebizy Platform, or cancel your account by logging on to the Site and clicking on the “Account” tab, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During registration you choose whether to receive marketing correspondence from either Beebizy or its partners and whether you want to participate in a variety of Beebizy programs. This Personal Data remains on your Profile where you can, at any point, easily edit it to indicate that you have changed your mind. After logging on, click on the “Account” tab, then select “Notifications” to make your selections. We may occasionally contact you with information about special events, sales, activities, promotions, contests, submission opportunities and programs. You always have the option to ask Beebizy not to contact you with this information again.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from Beebizy sent via text message at any time by following the instructions provided in those messages to text the word, “STOP”. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, Beebizy may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Beebizy’s ongoing business relations.
If you receive unsolicited email from a Beebizy domain, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Stop Beebizy from Collecting and Storing your Personal Data
You can stop Beebizy from collecting your Personal Data by either deleting your account or contacting Beebizy at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that Beebizy stop collecting your Personal Data. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Beebizy Platform. You may contact Beebizy with any requests regarding your Personal Data. Beebizy does not honor Do Not Track requests and signals.
Beebizy’s Information Retention Policy
We retain Personal Data for as long as you are a User in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for such longer period as may be in our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
● to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data held by us;
● to request the rectification or erasure of your Personal Data held by us;
● to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
● to object to the further processing of your Personal Data, including the right to object to marketing as mentioned in the Choice/Opt-Out section above; and
● to request that your provided personal data be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Where the processing of your Personal Data by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in the Choice/ Opt-Out section above.
You can exercise your rights by clicking on the “Account” tab, then selecting “Notifications” to make your selections, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
EU Users Rights Under the GDPR
The GDPR provides Users located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on the Website. Accordingly, Beebizy recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
● Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
● Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
● Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
● Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
● Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
●Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
●Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
User Generated Content
Talent who have provided Beebizy with any videotape, film, record, photos, voice, or all related instrumental, musical, or other sound effects, hereby consent to our use of these materials as User Generated Content in accordance with Section 10 of the Terms of Service.
Beebizy’s Personal Data Security
Your Beebizy account is password-protected so that only you and authorized Beebizy staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Also, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your Beebizy account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your Personal Data entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
Beebizy expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the Personal Data you submit to the Beebizy Platform.
How Can Users Update Their Personal Data?
You can update your Personal Data at any time by logging in and clicking on the “Account” tab. There you can view, update and correct your account information. So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of Personal Data, such as your age, that you cannot alter yourself. For example, since children under 18 (UK) or 21 (US) are not allowed to register as Users, we need to take reasonable measures to preserve the accuracy of our Users’ ages. Our databases automatically update any Personal Data you edit in your profile. Personal Data transmitted through boards, chats, polls or through any other means remains in our databases and becomes the property of Beebizy upon submission.
Notification of Changes
Children’s Privacy and Note to Parents and Guardians
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13 years of age. The Beebizy Platform is not directed to children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to use the Beebizy Platform. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will delete or disable such information. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and you believe that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, California Users have the following rights:
● Right to Know About Personal Data Collected, Disclosed, or Sold: You have the right to request that Beebizy disclose what Personal Data of yours it collects, uses, discloses, and sells over the past 12 months.
● Right to Request Deletion of Personal Data: You have the right to request that Beebizy delete any of your Personal Data that we collected from you.
● Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Data. Beebizy does not sell Personal Data.
● Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising CCPA Rights: Beebizy shall not discriminate against California Users for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA – or have an authorized agent exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf – please submit either a ”Request to Know Personal Information” or a ”Request to Delete Personal Information” to Beebizy by contacting email@example.com.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request, or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
Beebizy may share Personal Data as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties or affiliates for such third parties’ or affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. California residents may obtain information about our compliance with this law by sending us a written request at https://beebizy.com/contact. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Beebizy is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address.
Contact and Notices
Beebizy Privacy, 5950 Canoga Ave., Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Beebizy’s staff will respond to all requests sent through mail or email from Users and parents of Users with questions about privacy or the types of Personal Data is stored on the Beebizy database, or requests to nullify such Personal Data.